MPX Series Motorized Pendulum Impact Tester
Available in capacities from 300 to 900 Joules, the MPX Motorized Impact Tester is easy to operate making it suitable for high volume test labs. Ideal for testing to Charpy and Izod standards, the system includes an integrated guard and safety control system that meets the stringent requirements for the European CE mark and for ISO 13849. Fracta™ Software for simple data acquisition and reporting of absorbed energy is included with the system.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic test start at door closure for efficient testing and adherence to standards for non-ambient specimen testing
- Safety enclosure with interlocks protects the operator by preventing the hammer from releasing when the doors are open, or the door from opening while the hammer is swinging
- A high resolution encoder accommodates a wide range of capacities so one machine can perform both high and low energy impact tests that are accurate to less than 1 Joule. Learn why this is so important.
- Optional interchangeable hammer weights conveniently adjust the system capacity without removing the hammer shaft
- Charpy anvil inserts and striker are selectable to meet a wide range of international test standards, including ASTM E23, ASTM A370, ISO 148, EN 10045, GOST 9454, AS 1544, JIS Z2242, and JIS B7722
- A wide range of impact testing accessories and kits
- Foundation preparation kit, including template and fasteners
- Instrumented Charpy tups and DynaTup Impulse data acquisition software for direct measurement of impact force and striker velocity
- Supports for testing sub-sized specimens
Need to test sub-size specimens? Read more to learn how.
Instron® introduces the MPX Series of motorized pendulum impact testers that are ideal for testing metals to Charpy and Izod standards. Available in capacities from 300 to 900 J the MPX is safe, quick, and easy to operate. Fracta™ Software comes standard with the MPX, allowing for simple data acquisition and calculation of energy. The system also allows for easy upgrading to Impulse™ data acquisition software that uses load and velocity transducers to provide data collection, analysis, and reporting results. The MPX System is CE Compliant.
- 433.6 KB